One may contribute to Post-Self, either modifying the site or adding a story, through GitHub. Accounts at GitHub are free, of course, and will let you contribute to this project and many others.
The usage of GitHub and git to work with a project like this are beyond the scope of this document, but there are some resources toward the end of this document for that. Here are the basics, though:
- Fork the post-self.github.io repository
- Create a new branch with your changes or added story
- Create a pull-request against
post-self/post-self.github.iowith your changes
- Make sure CI passes (site is built, links are checked)
- Those with editorial access will review and merge your changes, or offer up some suggestions for changes to make
- When your changes land, they’ll automatically go live on the site
“But I don’t want to deal with Jekyll!”
You can create an issue on the project and attach a file there, and it will get added to the site.
You can also email Makyo your stories and she’ll add them with proper attribution, but this is a last resort